Thursday, June 11, 2009

the big to-do!


Hi! Boy, it's been a busy week. We've been struggling a little bit (ok, a lot) with sleep again, my sister's hours at work picked up and she was featured in the "cool stuff" section on knitty, and I taught my last class in the series "Marketing Your Micro-Business" I've been offering to a pilot group of women entrepreneurs, and bought my return tickets for our trip to MA in July/August. Here are some of the things on my mind that I hope to share with you soon (and record for us!):


Today we've got a chorsey line-up: when the boys are both up from their naps, we're heading into the city to pick up Auntie, then doing groceries. After that, we plan to come home, cook up a batch of riboletta soup, perhaps roast a chicken, and make some baby food. The boys are starting to eat actual finger foods, which is really keeping me on my toes. It was so easy for a while, just opening a jar of this or that. Now I've really got to think strategically about our meals, and give the boys some time to make big messes (sigh) and have fun learning the next stage of eating. It's so much fun to watch them, and they seem to be fascinated by all sorts of foods. Chicken, broccoli, and canteloupe are this week's favorites.

playing in the pool

New and as yet uncaptured achievements: Max is waving "hi" and starting to sign and say "more;" Shoghi is standing and cruising around his crib, and starting to stand with one hand on the exersaucer; Max continues to improve his crawling skills (and even though he's just "creeping," he gets around very fast!); Shoghi has learned how to clap; and they boys are playfuilly interacting with each other more and more. The days are full of adorable baby-ness, and there is less Maxy-whining now that he can move himself around. Awesome!

where'd those curls come from? mama!!

laurie with max at cannon beach

No comments:

Post a Comment